Our Mainframe Managed Services provides a complete and holistic service offering for your mainframe environment.
This broad solution includes the more traditional roles such as DBA, Performance/Capacity Management, Technical Project Management, Application performance, Batch/Online performance improvements, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, etc.
Our Mainframe Managed Services solution also provides you a means through which we can take over Operations, Production Support, Scheduling Support, Security Administration as well as other operational roles.
Our goal is to customize a solution for your needs and not try to fit you into a one-size-fits-all model.
Many organizations today struggle to support their IBM Mainframe environment as existing staff are lost due to attrition, retirement, and a number of other business reasons. For many firms, critical business functions run on the Mainframe and the loss of expertise can have catastrophic impact upon the business.
We designed the Mainframe Managed Services Offering with the following goals in mind:
- We support all major software configurations. We’ve been doing this for so long that we have supported just about every combination of products anyone could come up with.
- We cover the Systems Programming roles as well as those mentioned above. If you have a special need, please take the time to email us and we’ll be honest and forthcoming about our ability to support you.
- We provide Application and Operational support — but it’s usually from the context of the Technical Support side of the house. We’re here to support any and all teams within your IT organization.
- We offer a la carte choice of services and quantity of hours — and we can change that pretty much on demand.
- Our primary component support includes:
- Operating Systems: z/OS, z/VM, z/Linux, TPF, as well as the z/VSE world
- DB/DC Systems: CICS, DB2, IMS, IDMS (for those still out there), and others
- Security: RACF, ACF2, TopSecret (TSS) — we also offer migration services to/from each of these
- Most any past and present ISV product
- If you have a specific need, let us know — if we can’t cover it, we’ll tell you rather than mislead you and be in trouble when we can’t deliver
- We provide on-call support coverage — it’s expected that you would want this from us.
- We provide Disaster Recovery support — not only testing, but at Disaster Declaration time.
- We support IBM and non-IBM products and hardware. We have a very large Wintel/Midrange practice and recognize that we need to interact with the Mainframe for services.
- We are committed to aligning ourselves with your existing organization — we want to be plug-and-play to minimize disruptions to the organization or service.
- We provide US-based resources with clearances to meet varying client security requirements.
- We serve as a vendor-agnostic Trusted Advisor.
- We are committed to providing value-based pricing.
Don’t pass up the opportunity
If you have trouble selling staff augmentation to your management team or feel that it’s impossible to achieve a winning price point, reach out to us to see how we can help.
We have worked with a number of clients to help them secure long-term support services at price sensitive rates.
The GTSG Mainframe Support Services Offering is a proven, dynamic, and viable solution to satisfy your ever-changing needs.