Insource a Fortune 20 operation into a greenfield
The client decides to insource its IT infrastructure environment after being outsourced for decades. Initially seen as an 18-20 month project, the timeline is reduced to six months. Lacking staff and anxious to realize the benefits, the client turns to a select number of strategic partners.
GTSG Provided leadership and technical direction to the client’s Mainframe Support migration:
- Assumed leadership of a multi-vendor services team and the client’s IT support team.
- Developed a component-based cutover methodology providing instant eyes-on status visibility
- Worked hand in hand with the technology partners to collectively mitigate the numerous gaps in the customer’s plan
The team: included two principal architects with over 30 years of experience, twelve consulting SMEs, twelve technical SMEs with significant relocation and consolidation expertise, and a technical program manager to manage the multi-vendor technical and project management team.
- Achieved migration dates per plan and without fallback
- Reduced the planned outage window from 48 to under 4 hours, enabling continuity of automotive plant operations
- Support at a higher level of service than was provided previously by the outsourcer
- Demonstrated how a multivendor team could deliver near-impossible results with a great relationship