Tactical infrastructure support rescues global development effort
GTSG was asked to support a challenging development project. We were asked to provide critical infrastructure implementation, modernization and managed services as the client optimized their AIX, x86, and mainframe environments. Milestones were missed, and costs were well above budget for both the development effort and a concurrent upgrade of the AIX version.
GTSG provided a diverse team of project management, systems administration and programming resources, and L2/3 Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel. Services were service-level based and provided on a predictable fixed-fee basis.
Our responsibilities included the following services for over 400 AIX LPARs:
- Proactive system monitoring
- Systems programming support including:
- Proactive administration
- Systems patching and configuration management
- Support for hardware incidents from problem determination and analysis through resolution
- Capacity planning and tuning services as required
- Assist application teams with diagnostic services, performance management and other advisory services
- 24 x 7 on-call support for all platform-based incidents, for a primarily India-based development organization
- AIX 5.3 upgrade to AIX 6.1 across the enterprise
- Help desk services